Let’s talk clay. And by that I mean, let’s talk about how annoying it can be to work with— seriously, where do all those fuzzies come from?! I’ve certainly had a go at making a clay dish, but as you can see, it’s not even close to the beautiful must-try diys below (it couldn’t even be saved by gold paint!). Tips, tricks, and favorite bottle of wine to drink while working with clay all welcomed in the comments below :)
1. Dr.Seuss Inspired Jewelry Dish by Ann-Kay Home
2. Gold Leaf Ring Bowl by Henry Happened
3. Imprinted Clay Bowls by Camille Styles
4. Wood Grain Dish by Fiskars
5. Marbled Jewelry Dish by Typical House Cat
6. Doily Printed Bowl by Sodapop Design
Even though I’ve been crafting for years, I have yet to work with leather (I know, I know, I’m a monster). It’s always seemed so intimidating and cumbersome that I shied away from it… that is until I came across these must-try DIYS! Whether it’s full on casing for your electronics, or just an added handle, leather can add a sophisticated texture to just about anything. Expect some leather diys from me soon!
1. Camp-Inspired Leather Crafts by Martha Stewart
2. Leather Handle Box by Whimseybox
3. Leather Hair Tie by Cupcakes & Cashmere
4. Leather Wrapped Pencil Cup by Creature Comforts
5. Leather Notebook Cover by Love Aesthetics
6. Feedbag Tote by Hello Home Shoppe
I’m not sure what it is about this year but I have yet to get into the Halloween spirit, especially with my crafting (I apologize!). For those of you already wearing your costumes, here are some must-try diys to satisfy your crafting cravings!
1. Boo Banner by A Beautiful Mess
2. Bloody Cups by Almost Makes Perfect
3. Halloween Potato Stamps by Say Yes to Hoboken
4. Pumpkin Spice Candles by Hands Occupied
5. Pumpkin Swizzle Sticks by Freutcake
6. Spooky Eyeball Garland by Hands Occupied
Not into Halloween? Try making this Pumpkin Vase instead!
If this roundup of must-try wooden bead diys doesn’t make you want to rush out to buy hundreds of beads, I don’t know what will! Whether you paint them, stain them, or leave them plain, they’re going to look great in any craft project that you try. Don’t believe me? Here’s proof:
1. DIY Key Fobs by Creature Comforts
2. Ombre Swizzle Sticks by Making Nice in the Midwest
3. Trivet by This is Paper
4. Painted Beads by Jen loves Kev
5. Beaded Necklace by A Girl Who Makes
6. Wooden Bead Lamp by Sweet Paul
p.s. My newest sponsor makes the cutest beaded necklaces.