To keep up with the goals I set for myself for 2013, I attended a calligraphy class last week, hosted by Oh Happy Day and sponsored by Bing. Needless to say, it was the best possible way to start learning calligraphy! It will take a while for me to develop a style of my mine (or even get my letters to not be so shaky!) but overall, it’s something I’d like to stick with.
See me in action on Vine!
Have you tried calligraphy before? I’d love to hear tips and tricks if you have them!
(Check out my Instagram for more)
It’s been almost five months since Gabe and I moved to San Francisco, (yes, five whole months!) and things couldn’t be better. We were so wrapped up with unpacking, job hunting, and conserving money when we first moved that we hardly ventured outside our neighborhood. Now that life is a bit more settled, we’ve started reserving Saturdays for exploring. There’s plenty to see in this amazing city and we’re excited to get to it!
What are your favorite places in the bay area?
(image via Typography Served)
My favorite thing about the new year is how fresh and exciting everything seems. It sparks a time for reflection and self improvement, which let’s face it, we tend to ignore during the rest of the year. Here are a few of my goals for the year ahead:
1. Read more. My ultimate goal would be to read one book a month, but I have a feeling that it’s going to take more time than that to read War & Peace. Suggestions for must-reads are welcome!
2. Become a better blogger. I need to devote more time to my projects than I have over these last few weeks. With our move, getting sick, and the holidays, I’ve become complacent with average posts. It’s about time I step it up
3. Take a trip. It’s been a while since I’ve traveled just to travel and I miss it. It might take me all year to save, but Hawaii, here I come?
4. Get out of my comfort zone. I’m not entirely sure what the plan is for this yet, but in 2013, I want to shake things up a bit. Perhaps I’ll join an improv group or go skydiving or buy a different brand of cheese at the grocery store. Who knows!
5. Improve my handwriting. No question, my handwriting is terrible. A calligraphy class is definitely in order.
What are your goals for the year ahead?
Just thought I’d pass along the exciting news that my gift tags were featured in Diane! For those of you who don’t know that publication, it’s a free monthly magazine put out by the nationwide gym Curves. It’s packed full of inspirational stories, recipes, and health, fitness and nutrition information.
Here’s the link—just click on the giftbox on page 23 and a popup will appear.